There is nothing quite like a pamper session to lift our spirits, which is why we have dedicated this week’s blog posts to all the little goodies we can use to make our pamper sessions even more luxurious.
Here’s a tip to all our eco-warrior, planet friendly fans – the powder puffs created in today’s Free tutorial are also AMAZING for re-usable make up remover pads. Make yourself, your friends and families a few of these to help reduce waste from continuously buying cotton pads.
Scroll down for our FREE really EASY powder puff tutorial
Patterns of the week
Our Mini Under Dress makes for the perfect night gown too... make it in a light weight knit fabric, feel good while you're sleeping too
The Perfect Match
Or make a matching sleep set with our Strappy-T sewing pattern and our Vintage style knickers sewing pattern
We have just fallen in love with this tartan travelsewing kit available on Etsy through StitchKits. A Travel sewing kit is an essential must have for those sewing emergencies, and why not save the day in style with this adorable kit.
We just love these quick and easy projects to practice our sewing skills, have a look and grab a few yourself.
If you have an Etsy store that sells physical sewing products and notions, and would like to feature them with us on social media, or in our blog, please click on the image for more information.
Tutorial of the week
Create your own powder puff
Since the little sponges that come with face powders tend to disintegrate before your powder, this makes an exceptionally good idea. A gently, soft powder puff.
It also makes a great stocking filler (the festive season is just around the corner), match it up with our cute, really easy drawstring bagsewing pattern, to make a really gorgeous and functional gift for the women, and little princesses in your life. Or just as a general pamper gift for someone in your life.
Click Here for the blog post that shows youhow to make cute little iron on prints that will allow you to customize yourgift bags.
What you will need
10cm / 4” square of fabric
10cm / 4” square of faux / teddy bear fur
10cm / 4” square of hard iron on interfacing
10cm / 4” length of ribbon for the back
- On the non-glue side of your interfacing, mark out a circle of 10cm / 4” length across and cut out. Mark an inner circle of 1xm / 3/8”, this will be your seam line
- With the glue side of your interfacing against the wrong side of your fabric, use your interfacing to cut out your fabric, attach together by using a hot iron, or basting along the edges.
- Across the middle of the back of your fabric circle, place your length of ribbon. Baste the edges into place and trim away excess ribbon
- Use your fabric circle, to measure out and cut your faux fur. Wrong sides facing, joining the sections together sewing along your marked seam allowance. Leave a gap of around 2.5cm / 1” to allow you to be able to turn your powder puff right way out.
- Turn your powder puff right way out, and use an invisible hand stitch to sew the opening closed. Press for neatness.
Your new powder puff is ready to use